Commis Chef / Cook With Vietnamese Cooking Experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Award conditions
- Become an integral member of the Campsie RSL Group of Clubs
- Join a progressive team focused on delivering friendly, professional customer service to our growing membership.
- Opportunities for Comprehensive training & ongoing development.
- Generous employee benefits
Campsie RSL Group of Clubs is looking for Commis Chef / Cook with Vietnamese Cooking Experience to assist in delivering & maintaining our exceptional customer service standards.
This role is our Chester Hill RSL Club
20 Chester Hill Rd, Chester Hill NSW 2162
Campsie RSL Group of Clubs has become one of the most successful & financially viable organisations in our Industry. We have a stable, progressive Board & Management Team who are focused on ensuring the long term future of the Club.
We are located in the heart of the culturally diverse Inner West of Sydney.
The Campsie RSL Group of Clubs has a proud tradition of looking after its members and guests alike. We also pride ourselves on being an integral part of the local community & provide ongoing support for numerous charities, schools, sporting groups and other not for profit organizations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To assist the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the Club Bistro, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety Legislation.
To demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our members. Must be competent in Vietnamese style cooking.
In this role, you will :
- Participate as part of a team providing services to patrons.
- Assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- Understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- Ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- Learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- Follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- Ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Check and accept and store deliveries
- Ensure that mis en place is completed in your section.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
- Comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- Adhere to all Club policies and procedures contained within the Employee Handbook and Staff Procedures Manual.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Experience, skills & attributes (Essential):
- Previous experience with assisting and monitoring food stocks and stock movement.
- Be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Current Certificate in Food Handling.
- Ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- To always act honestly, professionally and with integrity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- To adhere to club policies at all times.
- Ability to work standing & walking for a minimum of 5 hours continuously.
- Impeccable grooming & personal presentation.
- Demonstrated experience in applying Occupational Health and Safety initiatives in a workplace.
- Must be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Proven experience in a Commis Chef / Cook role
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
Experience, skills & attributes (Desirable):
- Ability to speak a second or multiple languages
- Drivers Licence
- Reliable transport
- Culinary school diploma
To Apply please send your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org